Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hello, My Name is...

As I was addressing our invitations last night, I realized that many of Wayne's friends may have no idea who I am. ("Who is this crazy woman who keeps blabbing on and on about chairs and invitations and whatnot?") How rude of me! So allow me to properly introduce myself!

My name is Cecilia, but most friends call me Ceci!
I... was born and raised in the Bay Area, call Fremont my hometown, have a younger sister named Sam, whom I love more than Paula Dean loves butter, and a dog named Indee who is my pride and joy.

I graduated from UC San Diego with a bachelors degree in Biology and a minor in Chinese Studies, but since, have yet to touch either subject in my professional career. After working in marketing for the last few years for a health and fitness organization, I am currently getting my single subject teaching credential at San Diego State University and student teaching Junior and Senior English at Mount Miguel High School in Spring Valley, CA. While teaching has its draw, I am truly passionate about health and fitness and would love to get back into that industry one day.

I love... early mornings, chocolate cake, country music, a good long run, endurance sports, board games, trying new things, Costco samples, watching the Food Network, Martha Stewart, bright colors, making lists, cooking, baking, and exclamation marks!

I dislike... onions and garlic, bathrooms, durian.

I am known to be... energetic, bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed, optimistic, persuasive, a great liar in Mafia (if I don't get killed off right away first).

I can be... strong-willed, indecisive, particular, like Sally from "When Harry Met Sally" at restaurants ("I would like the veggie pizza, but no onions, and instead of peppers I would like mushrooms. Oh, and can I add chicken to that?").

My dream... other than becoming a popstar, I would LOVE to open a bakery with my sister, raise my family alongside hers, live a life that is a blessing to God, be a nurturing yet fun mom who will embarrass my kids with my antics, be a loving and supportive wife and grow old with Wayne in our matching cardigans and rockers.

Why I love Wayne... He completes me. Wait, sorry, that was just the cheese and Jerry Maguire speaking. Seriously, though, Wayne's stableness and level-headedness complements my sometimes extreme, more feisty personality. He has the kind of strength, discipline, and patience that I am so lacking, and I have learned to trust and respect his leadership so much! I admire Wayne's selflessness and humility, and am always so amazed and moved by his graciousness towards me, which continually reminds me of God's ultimate grace towards us. I also appreciate Wayne for the dedicated and influential teacher that he is, his goofiness and self-proclaimed dorkiness, his massive sports knowledge, and his heart of gold... and it doesn't hurt that he possesses strong IT skills and is able to fix my computer. :) All lists aside, though, I just love Wayne's friendship and company... I love how we can talk for hours and hours, and how I feel completely at ease with him and know I am loved—flaws, dry skin, and all.

6 comments:

ang said...

I secretly hoped that my influence has helped you get over your fear of onion and garlic. I am sad that it has not. Oh well, must try harder next time!

Anonymous said...

perhaps I could entice you to try leeks? Which appeared in my CSA box this week! They are the Miley Cyrus of onions...as opposed to the Britney Spears of onions...

mel said...

loved your intro, too! :) Matt and I go on frequent Costco outings for samples. So do my parents. Scary.

ceci said...

Angela, it was actually YOU who helped me develop my palate for cilantro! I actually LIKE it!!!

Unknown said...

loved reading yours and wayne's intros! one question... in your pic, why are you holding a bunch of (is that) endive?? haha.

ceci said...

endive?! no way! it's green-leaf lettuce! :)