Friday, May 02, 2008

Hola! Me llamo...

Since Cecilia has been in San Diego these past few years while I have been making my living up in Sacramento, she has made many new friends whose view of me is probably skewed toward the ultra-positive end. ("Oh my goodness, who is this incredibly handsome, buff, intelligent, athletic, and humble guy who would patiently wait eight years for you?!") Okay...I made up the buff part. Umm...okay, the handsome part is a bit of an exaggeration. Alright, I fake my actual intelligence by my smooth talking. Alright, I probably can't run 100 meters without gagging for air. Well, at least I'm, hm...never mind. Here's the real me:

My name is Wang Yip but in America, I gave myself the name "Wayne"!
I was born in Hong Kong. Surprised? I'm a FOB. But because I have the Chinese skills of a kindergarten student, I'm sort of a fake-FOB. Other than my 5 years in Hong Kong and 4 years in San Diego, I've lived the rest of my life in Sacramento, home of the Kings, Rivercats, delicious drinking water and 85% of the world's allergens. I am the level-mind middle child between the wacky, nutty ET's.

I graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a Political Science and History double-major and received my teaching credential from CSU Sacramento. I currently teach AP U.S. Government, AP Comparative Politics, and AP World History at Franklin High School in Elk Grove. I am also the Key Club and National Honor Society advisor and the unofficial I.T. guy for the Social Science department. There is a good chance I'm a teaching workaholic, but I love the kids and I probably love the subject matter more. Unless I end up being a professor, I'm probably a teaching-LIFER.

I love...late nights, baseball, fantasy sports, playing ball sports, turn-based computer games, tripe, back-scratches, hot showers, relaxing at a coffee shop, history books, giving a strong history/gov't lecture, taking a long drive with an audio book, and staring mindlessly into space after a productive day of work.

I dislike...having to wake up, mushrooms, mushrooms, and mushrooms.

I'm known to be...hard-working, knowledgeable, gentle, and predictable in my fantasy drafts (McNabb! Dye! Halladay! Sheets!)

I can be...loud, strong, decisive, and passionate when I need to be.

My dream...is to be either (a.) a .350-20HR-50SB IF/OF who becomes a 2.00ERA-250K-1.000WHIP starter every fifth day for the SF Giants, (b.) F-15E fighter pilot with 5 notches on the side of my plane, (c.) an innovative computer engineer with a six-digit salary and a big house that I designed myself, or (d.) a top-flight high school teacher teaching AP classes, having great relationships with my kids, and marrying the love of my life.

Sometimes Plan D is a pretty dang good plan...

Why I love Cecilia...she had me at "hello". Wait, that's from, actually, I don't know because I haven't seen the movie. But the upcoming, blockbuster Korean drama called, "Chasing Cecilia" is going to be quite the hit. Though I'm sure most people watching the movie will wonder why the protagonist just would not quit chasing after the fair yet resistant maiden for the better part of a decade, I think I understand him and I'll tell you why. She brings him to life. With her, he gets out of his little introverted shell and learns to express himself. He learns to speak his mind, to see things in other ways, to appreciate the world in a different light. She gives him a sense of encouragement and energy that he has not found elsewhere. He is drawn to her boundless energy and heart of service to God and to those around her. He finds the silly antics adorable, the indecision endearing, and the baby hairs framing her face, which she hates so much, cute. And really, it does help that she's a hottie and quite easy on the eyes...quite a catch for geeky computer/history/orchestra nerd! She was, has, and is his best friend, most trusted advisor, and love of his life.

And while the future probably isn't going to be the big screen hit that "Chasing Cecilia" was... I'm sure it will light up the small screens with shows such as "Ceci Stewart Living", "Iron Chef: Sacramento", and "Wayne To is Smelling".

7 comments:

ang said...

nice post! whats that on your nose?

foxfour said...

It's a laser pointer...you know, if a sniper has you targeted in low light, they use a laser pointer...so I thought this might be a fun picture

ToverF said...

that is a ridiculously awesome self-intro =]

tumbalina3 said...

i like what you said about ceci :)

Breen said...

dood. that was the best intro post ever. the part about ceci was like.... *tear*

Unknown said...

awwww, so sweet!!

mel said...

loved the intro! i still can't believe you hate mushrooms. how can we be doubles? I love love love mushrooms!