Monday, July 27, 2009

A Year and a Day

Wayne and I have been married now a year and a day. And in this year and a day, I've learned many things. First, I've learned that Wayne likes to wrap himself in blankets like a burrito when he sleeps, and through the night, he'll slowly reel the blankets off of me to achieve desired burrito state. I've also learned that being married to Mr. To is somewhat like being married to a small town celebrity; seldom can we venture into Elk Grove without being spotted and hounded for autographs (okay, not really about the autographs)... and I predict that these occurrences will only increase when we move into our new house closer to his school. But I think the most impactful lesson I've learned, and am continually learning, is how to operate with and under grace. Sometimes, the smallest things, like a musty sponge, can really ruffle my feathers. But it's when I'm being a prickly porcupine and Wayne braves my quills and embraces me still, I am compelled to lower my defenses and act in love in return. It continually amazes me how God designed marriage to remind us of His love and grace for us.

Yesterday we celebrated out first anniversary by going to this huge flea market/farmer's market up in Roseville (where I got this AMAZING papaya, among other items), and then Wayne took me to lunch at La Provence. We spent the rest of the day working on our house (which is slowly coming along). I have the best time doing the biggest and smallest things with Wayne, and yesterday was perfect! For no rhyme or reason we work... I still don't know HOW we work, because on paper we are so different, but we do, so beautifully. And by God's grace, I look forward to many more years and a day of living, loving, playing, and growing.

Happy anniversary, Sweetheart!


This is us at the farmer's market!

3 comments:

I Miss the 90s! said...

Congratulations, guys! Here's to many more discoveries of God's grace and blessings in your marriage!

Lee Bee said...

happy one year!! may God bring you guys on many more fun & great adventures together through the years :)

tumbalina3 said...

i love this entry! happy anniversary, ceci! i miss you!