Monday, October 13, 2008

dejected.

The trim is all done and looks great, especially if you admire from afar (like across the street), so you don't notice the parts where I colored outside of the lines (oops). But I don't mind too much; the new paint job definitely perks up the exterior!

Today, we are tackling the door, which I thought was going to be the cherry on top... except that it has been everything but. First, the rollers we were using started to come apart after multiple uses, leaving fuzzy bits and a spongey finish I was so not going for. Second, the "Fiesta Orange" we picked out is, indeed... festive. As a small swatch, the color is fun and playful, but as a large surface, it reminds me of nacho cheese! Third, after a quick run to Home Depot for new rollers, Emily and I were happily rolling away... until I think I rolled too much and peeled a whole CHUNK of still-damp paint off the door!

wah!!!

sigh... so I don't know what to do. Right now, I just want to crawl into bed and take a nap. And then buy a new door. Do-it-yourself projects are much more difficult than HGTV makes it look!

5 comments:

susan yee said...

i actually quite like it! reminds me of an autumn color, like pumpkins :)

ceci said...

it actually looks MUCH better in pictures! i think i might paint it a shade darker.

(what even photographs can't improve is that giant scrape right in the middle of the door) :(

Anonymous said...

where's the pictures of the trim?!?!?

Anonymous said...

an orange door is cute! I saw your earlier picture inspiration...it looks more like a reddish orange, perhaps a coat of something deeper will off set the nacho-cheesiness you see...thanks for sending the pictures too by the way!

Anonymous said...

oops just read your comments. yes, paint it a shade deeper! (but w/ more red in it. then it'll look like "autumn leafish")