Sunday, August 16, 2009

Green and I are no longer friends.

Even after 15+ tubs of little pots of paint samples and one wasted gallon of "Soothing Green Tea", I can't get the color right in our family room. "Prairie Sage" sounded and looked so promising when it was a small square, but now that I've painstakingly applied it to the entire room, it looks too creamy and green... like ice cream puke. Okay, perhaps not so horrific, but that's what I wanted to do last night as I was finishing up the room that took me the whole day to complete. It was midnight as I left, and all I could do was fume and cry and shake my fist at Prairie Sage and all its green cousins.

This time of painting really has been much more trying than the first. But it's not the actual painting, it's the color selection. Already, we have painted two rooms that I feel need to be repainted... the labor I can put in, but I'm afraid it will just be another wasted endeavor because I can't seem to get the colors right. I do absolutely love our kitchen, though, with its warm beiges, creams, and whites. Maybe that's what I need... just a sea of beige. Perhaps I should just give up on color...

1 comment:

Steven said...

green is so hard. i was trying to create a "green room" at church. i went back and forth on samples. in the end i decided that the lighter and mintier looking, the better. ended up being alright bc it's not very strong.