Sunday, May 16, 2010

lonely.

So today was one of those days I missed having a group of friends to hang out with. We went to Life Point(e?) Church in Elk Grove (super close to our house--we could walk there), and the people are nice, but since we don't know anyone, we just stood around for a bit, chatted briefly with a couple of people who came up to us... then went home. We had lunch at home on our own, took Lucy to the dog park on our own... and then saw all these people playing football and barbecuing--with friends... and I realized just how lonely we are. :( or I am, anyway. Sigh, I miss having friends to hang out with. I have a few here and there, whom I am so thankful for! But no one to do anything and everything with. No group of friends to invite over. My boardgames lie untouched on the top shelf. Everyone seems so busy... and I suppose I am too. Is this just the life of an adult? Is this what being a grown-up is like?

4 comments:

susan yee said...

i feel that way too often :( for me, a large part is that most of my closest friends are all in different cities, and i keep comparing friends to them and what we had growing up, and really, it took us so many years to build that friendship, and it's just different now as an adult. but i feel you, i do!

Sam said...

Yeah, it's not like college, how you lived with a bunch of people, and your closest friends lived on the same floor or were always popping in... Wish I could pop in more! But I am grateful for this time when we get to see each other every few weeks instead of every few months!!

I love you, Sister! You'll have a close community in Elk Grove in time!

Annice said...

Awww Ceci! It took us a while to start building friendships here too. Walter and I went to the library to borrow movies so often in the beginning that the librarian recognizes us now OUTSIDE of the library! :P We were lonely as well --- we even play boardgames by ourselves!!!! But praise God He has provided us with more couples that love the LORD and love to play boardgames too! :P So Lord willing, He will provide you with a new group of friends to walk this life together as well.Persevere! Missing you dear sister!

Michael said...

I know that it has been several years since you have been "in college"...but this is still a timeless and sobering read:

http://dinghome.net/2008/03/23/transitioning-from-the-college-years/