Monday, March 26, 2012

Pregnancy Brain

It's a real condition.  Though some cursory research on the internet shows that most researchers have found no scientific proof for pregnancy brain, most moms will attest to its reality.  I can, too.  While many women experience pregnancy brain in the form of absent-mindedness, my pregnancy brain has manifested itself mostly in my misreading of words, which hasn't caused much harm except for momentary bouts of confusion.

For example, this morning, a friend on Facebook shared an article from the news site www.baycitizen.com, and I read "babycitizen" and wondered why a baby site would be reporting on a developing murder story and why this friend (male, engaged-but-not-yet-married) would be frequenting sites like babycitizen.com.  And how reputable is this source anyway?...when I realized my mistake.

There have been many, many, MANY more occurrences, but I also chalk it up to pregnancy brain that I've subsequently forgotten them all.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Baby citizen?! That's hilarious. I'm envisioning little baby journalists and bloggers contributing to the site.